Who we are
WDF is a leading funder of diabetes prevention and care projects in low- and middle-income countries
The World Diabetes Foundation was founded in 2002 as an independent foundation by Novo Nordisk A/S, and today is a leading global funder of diabetes prevention and care projects in low- and middle-income countries.
We alleviate human suffering related to diabetes among those in greatest need.
- We create partnerships to assist people with diabetes and those at risk, acting as a catalyst
to help others do more
- We link people and resources to educate and advocate globally and provide care locally
- Our priority is to support the poorest of the poor
- We empower local communities to achieve sustainable solutions and yield replicable models
- We encourage innovative strategies to prevent diabetes and its consequences