- 95 HCWs and 130 CHVs trained
- 130,000 people reached through awareness
- 65,000 refugees, IDPs and returnees to be screened for NCD risk factors
- 17,266 screened for diabetes
- 14,000 patients to be referred to diabetes care.
The project is implemented jointly by Danish Red Cross (DRC), Kenya Red Cross Crescent Society (KRCS) and Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS), in collaboration with Kenya Ministry of Health, Somali Federal Republic Ministry of Health and UNHCR.
The project aims to improve the management of diabetes and other NCDs among populations affected by displacement in Kenya and Somalia, as well as further institutionalise NCD care and prevention into the regional/global approach of International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
The project will enhance KRCS/SRCS responses to NCDs and institutionalise NCDs into IFRC response frameworks through a series of activities at country levels, at cross border level, and at regional/global level: