- 7 model - and 14 intermediate clinics equipped
- 500 health care professionals trained
- 20,000 type 2 diabetes patients treated
- 25,000 high risk population screened
- 50,000 people sensitised on diabetes prevention
- … and more
WDF20-1767 is based on outcomes of a successful first stage national programme (WDF15-1304), both in terms of care delivery and established network of relevant stakeholders.
The programme seeks to sustain, replicate and refine the models hitherto applied, and roll out and expand interventions using a large-scale, comprehensive approach, targeting the primary care level. Moreover, the programme will work to enhance focus on hyperglycaemia in pregnancy and nutrition, as well as scale up current eye and foot care.
The programme is considered integral to the Palestinian Ministry of Health’s (PMoH) national NCD response. Activities include: